- 1 cup pitted prune, packed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put prunes, water and sugar into a saucepan.
- Heat and simmer until prunes are soft, plumped and have absorbed most of the liquid.
- (Can be done in a Microwave).
- Puree in food processor, transfer to a bowl and stir in lemon juice,vanilla and cinnamon Scrape filling into a small container and cool to room temperature.
- Seal container and chill.
- Will keep refrigerated for two weeks.