- 1 1/2 lbs plum tomatoes, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1x 1/2-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Mix tomatoes, mozzarella, oil and vinegar in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature. Mix in basil.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain.
- Return pasta to pot. Add tomato mixture and toss gently to blend. Season with salt and pepper and serve.