- 2 lbs green beans , trim ends and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ounces red bell peppers , roasted, skinned and diced (in the usa, you can buy this in a jar as pimiento)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or more)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (white vinegar is also okay)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 small red onion , minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley , chopped finely
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (depending on your sweet tooth)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded lettuce , to serve
- Cook beans in the microwave for 6-7 minutes until crisp-tender. Or you can cook in a pan with a small amount of boiling water.
- Put the next 9 ingredients (dressing) in a jar with a lid. Cover and shake well.
- Pour dressing over beans, stir well and refrigerate (I usually put this all in a container with a tight-fitting lid and shake the dickens out of it).
- Serve over shredded lettuce -- at whatever temperature you prefer. It takes at least an hour for this to come to room temperature after being in the fridge.