- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry yeast
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups popped popcorn (no old maids)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- Combine water and milk in a large bowl. Stir in yeast and sugar and let them "work" about 10 minutes.
- Run popcorn through a blender or food processor until it is the consistency of cornmeal. Add popcorn and salt to the mixture in the bowl.
- Then add eggs and cooled melted butter and gradually work in all 7 cups of flour. If you don't have a machine, knead the mixture well by hand.
- Let dough rise (usually 25-30 minutes). Punch it down then let rise once more.
- Put dough out onto a rolling board. Separate into 3 equal pieces. Roll into shape and place in greased bread pans. Let rise until doubled in size. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until loaves are golden brown. Remove from oven and butter the crusts.