- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil
- Place hash browns in a strainer and rinse with cold water until thawed. Drain thoroughly; transfer to a large bowl. Add onion, parsley, milk, eggs, flour and salt; mix well. In a skillet over medium heat, heat 1/4 inches of oil. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- Optional: Serve with sour cream or applesauce.
- Note: If using refrigerated hash browns, skip the first step.