- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups oats
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine the first three ingredients together in a bowl, and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Combine oats and remaining ingredients together and stir into the dried fruit mixture.
- Sprinkle granola mixture over a cookie sheet, and bake at 250 degrees for about 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes, to prevent burning, until crunchy.
- Cool granola to room temperature.
- Store in air tight container.