- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar, mix with
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Cream butter and sugar together; add eggs, milk and lemon rind.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and add to butter mixture.
- Pour into lightly greased loaf pan and bake at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Glaze-Once sugar is dissolved, pour over hot bread and allow bread to cool before serving.