- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/3 cups white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 6 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (more if needed)
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- Thoroughly cream butter and sugar. Add unbeaten eggs, vanilla and milk; mix well.
- Sift together flour and baking powder; gradually add this dry mixture to the creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- You will may need to add up to another 3/4 cup of flour to make a dough stiff enough to roll out.
- Chill at least 6-8 hours.
- To bake, preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Roll out a portion of chilled dough on lightly floured surface very thin.
- Cut into shapes.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar or other sprinkles, if desired.
- Bake at 350 6-8 minutes or until edges brown SLIGHTLY.
- Cool. Store in airtight container.