- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter , softened
- 4 eggs , separated
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest of , grated
- 1 (8 inch) pie crusts
- Prebake pie shell at 425 F for 7-8 minutes.
- Cream sugar with butter until light.
- Beat in egg yolks one at a time.
- Beat in lemon zest and juice.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Lightly fold egg whites into the filling.
- Pour filling into pie shell and bake at 350 F until set and lightly golden, about 25-30 minutes.
- Cool and serve.