- 2 Hass avocadoes, perfectly ripe
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 ripe roma tomatoes or 6 -8 sweet cherry tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 of a white onion, finely chopped
- 12 large fresh cilantro stems, stemmed and roughly chopped
- Remove the seed and peel from the avocados and place in a bowl or molcajete.
- Sprinkle with the salt and lime juice and crush with a fork, potato masher, or tejolote.
- When the consistency is that of a chunky puree, stir in the tomato, onion, and cilantro.
- Taste for seasoning.
- If the guacamole is to be eaten with tostadas as a snack, it should be more highly seasoned.
- Served alongside carnitas or carne asada, a little less seasoned so that it balances the other flavors.