- 8 ounces dark chocolate (70% or higher)
- 4 eggs , separated
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 4 tablespoons dark rum
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and let cool slightly.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar in a bowl until very pale and fluffy.
- Drizzle the chocolate into the egg yolk and sugar mixture and fold together with the rum and cream.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until standing in soft peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture with a metal spoon.
- Divide into 6 individual ramekins and let chill for at least 2 hours before serving.