- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or more if you like)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate , finely chopped
- Butter an 8" square baking dish and set aside.
- Dissolve the instant espresso powder and cinnamon in 3 teaspoons of hot water. Stir until a paste forms, and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat milk, sugar, butter and chocolate over a medium heat until it reaches a boil. Do not stir or scrape down sides.
- Lower heat, add a candy thermometer and heat (without stirring) until mixture reaches softball stage (238°F).
- Remove from heat; allow to cool to 110°F, then with a rubber spatula scrape in espresso mixture. In an electric mixer, using paddle attachment, beat mixture until it loses its gloss and thickens.
- Spread fudge evenly into prepared 8" square pan. Let cool for 20 minutes, then cut into 12 pieces.