- 1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf unsliced french bread (16-ounce)
- In a medium skillet combine margarine or butter, parsley, garlic, and, if desired, red pepper.
- Heat over medium heat until margarine is melted.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Cut French bread in half lengthwise.
- Place bread, cut side down, on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals.
- Grill about 2 minutes or until toasted.
- Turn cut side up.
- Brush with margarine mixture.
- Grill for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- To serve, cut into 2-inch slices.