- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup cold margarine or 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels , unwrapped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, sugar and egg.
- Cut in ½ cup margarine until crumbly.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Reserve 2 cups of crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture firmly into a greased and floured 13x9 in pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan over low heat melt caramels with sweetened-condensed milk and remaining ¼ cup margarine.
- Pour over prepared crust and top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- Store at room temperature.