- 8 large lemons, divided
- 20 fresh mint leaves, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups boiling water
- 4 cups cold water
- Ice cube
- Slice 7 lemons thinly.
- Seed sliced lemons and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 12 mint leaves; sprinkle with sugar.
- Pour in boiling water.
- Let sit for 45 minutes at room temperature, occasionally pressing lemons and mint with a wooden spoon.
- Strain liquid through a fine-mesh strainer into a glass punch bowl or a pitcher with at least a 2 1/2 quart capacity.
- Juice the remaining lemon; add to the strained liquid.
- Add cold water; stir well.
- Add ice cubes; stir rapidly.
- Ladle or pour lemonade and a few ice cubes into each glass; garnish each with a mint leaf.