- 1 1/4 cups fresh mint leaves, slightly packed
- 3 cups vodka
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon glycerin (optional)
- 8 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 2 drops blue food coloring (optional)
- Wash leaves in cold water several times.
- Shake or pat gently dry.
- Snip each leaf into halves or thirds. Discard stems. .
- Combine leaves and vodka and steep for 2 weeks shaking occasionally.
- Strain out leaves.
- Boil sugar and water together, cool and add to vodka mixture
- Add optional ingredients if you want.
- Age 1 to 3 months.