- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- 1/2 cup walnuts , minced
- 2 ripe bananas , mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup maple-flavored butter , 1 teaspoon per muffin
- 12 walnut halves
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl. In another bowl, mix bananas and other wet ingredients, except for the maple butter and walnut halves.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir until just moistened.
- Pour batter into muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350°F Cool slightly, remove from cups, and glaze with maple butter. Garnish with walnut halves.