- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup (campbell's)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans whole milk (use soup cans)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil (chopped finely)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients, adding each one slowly, stirring constantly to smooth out the lumps as you go -- (NOTE: I believe Michelle told me to use a hand mixer to smooth out any lumps BEFORE you add the basil, salt & pepper.).
- Bring to a simmer (just bubbly around the edges) - DO NOT BOIL.
- Simmer slowly for at least 40 minutes, then serve with buttered, crusty bread. YUM!