- 2 lbs potatoes , cubed
- 1 large onion , diced
- 4 garlic cloves , smashed
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups vegetable stock or 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes, onions, garlic, and spices in large pot with stock. The stock shouldn't quite cover all the ingredients.
- Cover and bring to a boil. After the stock is boiling, reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Turn off heat. Mash the potatoes to desired consistency. Stir in milk and half & half, then turn the heat back on low to warm through. Stir in the cheese and let it melt.