- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups red peppers or 1 1/2 cups green peppers, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups small raw potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 4 egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- Fresh parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- Heat broiler.
- In a heat proof skillet heat 1 tsp oil and add peppers, onions and green onions saute 2 minutes Add potatoes and cook until potatoes are lightly browned.
- About 4 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk together the egg whites, egg& milk.
- Add remaining oil to skillet& pour in the egg mixture.
- Cover& cook until the eggs are beginning to set around the edges but the center is still soft about 8 minutes use medium heat Gently loosen the egg from side of pan.
- Place skilletabout 4" from heat under broiler.
- And cook until the frittata is golden about 1 minute.
- Slide frittata onto a plate cut into wedges, garnish with parsley& serve.