- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms , sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 poblano chile , diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 shallots , minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 carrot , diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) box israeli couscous
- 1/2 peas
- 3 tablespoons chives , chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon , chopped
- Bring broth and 4 cups water to a boil in saucepan. Reduce heat to low.
- Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and poblano, and sauté 5 minutes, or until mushrooms have released their juices. Transfer to plate, and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil in same pan over medium heat. Add shallots, and sauté 2 minutes, or until soft.
- Add carrot, and sauté 3 minutes more. Add couscous, and cook 3 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- Stir 1/4 cup broth mixture into couscous mixture. Reduce heat to medium low. Add 1/4 cup more liquid, and cook until liquid has been absorbed.
- Continue adding liquid, cooking and stirring 12 minutes, or until couscous is tender and all liquid has been used.
- Add peas and reserved mushroom mixture, and cook 2 minutes more, or until peas are heated through.
- Stir in 3 Tbs. chives and tarragon, and season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with remaining chives.