- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced rhubarb
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 425° and grease muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the first 4 ingredients; mix well.
- Add in the buttermilk, rhubarb, and walnuts; stir to combine.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add dry mixture to the rhubarb mixture; stir just until moist.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling 3/4 full.
- To make topping: mix together topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffin batter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.