- 2 ounces dry whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 ounce lowfat mozzarella cheese , diced
- 1 medium diced red bell pepper (can also use a green pepper)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Garlic salt
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil at medium heat. Add red bell pepper and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle on basil. Cook on medium heat until pepper is at your desired tenderness (about 6-9 minutes).
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti according to box directions and drain.
- Toss spaghetti, pepper mixture, and mozzarella cheese until throughly mixed. Add one more 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil if needed. Add garlic salt to taste.