- 3/4 cup bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 medium peeled thin sliced tomato
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- Pour boiling water over bulgur and set aside until soft and chewy.
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent.
- Add zucchini, herbs and pepper.
- Stir until zucchini is tender.
- Mix egg beaters, feta and cottage cheese.
- Add parsley, tomato paste and soy sauce to bulgar and mix.
- Spray a 10x5 inch casserole with non-stick spray.
- Assemble the casserole: Layer bulgur mixture first, follow with vegetables then feta mixture.
- Top with tomato slices and cheddar cheese.
- Srinkle with sesame seeds if using.
- Bake covered at 350F for 45 minutes.
- Uncover last 15 minutes.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.