Chickpea tuna sandwich 🥪 LEAVE THE FISH ALONE, chickpeas is here for rescue 🐟💕
Ingredients: (makes 2 servings)
ained and rinsed
- 1/4 red onion, chopped finely
- 1 pc nori sheet, cut finely (I used scissors)
- 1 tsp capers, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 pcs wholemeal bread
- 4 pcs lettuce
1. In a bowl, mash chickpeas until flaky.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine.
3. On a bread, place a lettuce then spread the "tuna" generously and evenly. Place one lettuce and then a bread on top to make sandwich.
4. Repeat the steps to make another serving.
This is a super easy recipe that is packed with protein. You can make them in advance for next day. It actually tastes better the next day HAHA when it is chilled. Perfect for a quick breakfast or lunchbox. 😋