Stir-fry Yau Mak with Fermented Bean Curd 腐乳油麦 🌶🥕
Hi friends, sharing with you another simple way you can enjoy your vegetables!
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 slices ginger, cut into thin matchsticks
- 3 bunches yau mak (baby romaine lettuce), cored
- 4-5 slices carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1-2 red chilli, sliced (optional)
- 1 cube fermented bean curd (腐乳)
- salt to taste
1. In a wok, heat up the oil over high heat. Add ginger to saute until fragrant.
2. Add yao mak and carrot and saute quickly for 30 sec - 1 minute.
3. Add fermented bean curd and break it down with your cooking spatula. Stir until well combined.
4. Add salt to taste. Add chili and stir to combine.
5. Turn off the heat and serve immediately.
This is one of my favourite ways to enjoy yau mak. Fermented bean curd has a very unique and tasty umami flavour. It can be served with plain porridge, used in marinade sauce and so on. I have used it in my 芋头扣"肉" Braised "pork belly" with yam recipe (on my YouTube), too!