[Recipe] Steamed Rice Rolls with Filling 素肠粉
Sharing with you another recipe from my YouTube! Hope you'd enjoy this dim sum 🌅
55g blended rice flour
10g wheat starch (not flour)
5g tapioca starch
200ml filtered water
1/2 tsp vegetable oil (more to grease the pan)
1 pinch of salt
20g soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
40g hot water
[Filling] divide 5 portions
200g shimeiji mushroom (1 packet), chopped
10-12 pcs vegetarian prawns, halved
1 stalk spring onion, chopped
More spring onion
1. In a large bowl, combine all rice roll ingredients to make a thin batter.
2. In a small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and set aside.
3. Saute the shimeiji mushroom until lightly browned and wilted. Set aside.
4. Bring a pot of water to boiling and set the steaming rack over it. Place a stainless steel plate in the steamer rack. Brush the plate with some oil.
5. Pour about 1/4-1/2 cup of batter into the plate, depending on the size of it, pour just enough to make a thin layer.
6. Cover the steamer and steam for 2 mins. Then, add the filling to the middle of the rice roll and steam for another 2 mins.
7. Remove from heat. Place the plate on a wet towel to cool down for about 2 mins. Run a scraper around the edges of the roll and slowly peel it off to wrap the filling.
8. When you're more confident, just roll the rice roll from one side till the end like sushi. It takes a little practice 😉
9. Serve the rolls on a plate. Cut them into bite-sized, drizzle the sauce and add the toppings. Enjoy!