[Recipe] Agedashi Tofu (vegan & easy)
Recipe video: https://www.facebook.com/100063501583683/videos/pcb.387704250022958/1224603328070803
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp mushroom seasoning powder @loveearthorganic
- 1 piece dried kelp
- 2 tbsp soy sauce @loveearthorganic * see note
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 box Japanese pressed tofu, cut into 6 cubes (or smaller if desired)
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4-1/2 cup oil
Garnish: spring onion and toasted sesame seeds
1. In a saucepan, add water, mushroom powder and kelp. Let sit for 30 minutes for kelp to release its flavour.
2. Turn on the heat and remove the kelp. Add soy sauce and mirin. Bring to boiling for 1 minute and turn off the heat.
3. Coat the tofu in corn starch until all sides are well coated.
4. In a pan, preheat the oil over medium heat. Fry the tofu until all sides are golden browned and crispy.
5. Serve the tofu in a plate and gently pour the broth without wetting the tofu. You want them cripsy! Garnish with spring onion and sesame seeds. Enjoy this dish while it's crispy!
*The broth is rather salty to accompany the tofu but you can reduce the soy sauce to your liking.