- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 300º.
- Spread pecans in a single layer on baking sheet and toast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let stand until cool.
- Melt butter in saucepan and stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and flour.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let stand until lukewarm.
- Add the evaporated milk and pecans gradually to the brown sugar mixture, stirring constantly.
- Serve warm with red and green apples for an appetizer or drizzle over ice cream for dessert.