- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, divided
- 1 pre-baked pie crust
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan; gradually whisk in milk; stir in chocolate chips and egg yolks; cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture is thickened.
- Remove pan from heat; add cream cheese and beat until smooth; cover surface with plastic wrap; refrigerate for one hour or just until cool.
- Reserve 1 cup whipped topping; fold remaining 2+ cups whipped topping into the chocolate mixture; spoon evenly into prepared pie crust; cover and refrigerate 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Top with reserved whipped topping and chocolate curls; serve or keep refrigerated until needed.