- 1 (7 ounce) package chocolate-covered raisins
- 20 drops red food coloring, divided
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (16 ounce) container vanilla frosting
- 8 drops green food coloring
- Set aside 2 tablespoons chocolate covered raisins.
- Prepare cake batter according to the package directions.
- Add 12 drops of red food coloring and the remaining chocolate covered raisins to the batter; stir to mix.
- Pour batter into two 8-inch cake pans that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, lined with wax paper and sprayed again with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Divide the frosting equally between two bowls.
- Add the green food coloring to one bowl; stir to combine.
- Add the rest of the red food coloring (8 drops) to the other bowl; stir to combine.
- Invert one cake layer onto a serving plate; frost the top of the cake layer with half of the red frosting.
- Place the second layer on top of the first layer; frost the top with the remaining red frosting.
- Frost the sides with the green frosting.
- Sprinkle the reserved chocolate-covered raisins over the top to look like seeds.