- 1 bunch fresh cilantro or 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and bruised
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon paprika, ground
- 1 small red chili pepper, seeded (or 1 teaspoon of chili sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pound all ingredients together in a large mortar and pestle or buzz in a food processor. You want a rough-textured paste. Note: I use all the coriander stems.
- Chermoula will keep several days in the fridge.