- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup butter , softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs , at room temperature
- 1/3 cup liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC).
- Butter an 8 x 4-inch (1.5-L) metal loaf pan.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until very pale and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs until blended. Beat in honey and vanilla.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour mixture in 2 additions, just until blended.
- Spread into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan and let cake cool completely on rack.
- Cut cake into slices with a serrated knife. Serve topped with Honeyed Mixed Berries.