- 4 1/2 teaspoons cardamom pods , crushed
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 5 cups water
- 1 piece fresh ginger , peeled and sliced in 1/4 inch thick (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves , plus sprigs for garnish
- Toast cardomom and fennel in a saucepan over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- Add water and ginger.
- Reduce heat and simmer until it reaches the desired strength, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in honey and mint leaves.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Strain into mugs and garnish with mint.