- 5 large potatoes, peeled, diced and boiled
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 slices fresh bread, broken into pieces, and crumbled with fingers
- 1/2 lb Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- Combine first 6 ingredients in an ungreased 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Heat butter and milk together and pour over mixture in pan.
- Sprinkle top with cornflakes crumbs.
- Bake uncovered at 375 for 40-45 mins, or until lightly browned and bubbly.