- 2 large oranges
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup orange extract
- 1 pint vodka
- Pare the peel from each orange in a spiral, producing a 1-inch-wide strip; try to get mostly the orange zest and leave most of the white membrane on the fruit.
- Put the peels in a saucepan with the 1 cup water plus the corn syrups and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and let boil, stirring constantly, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the extracts.
- Let cool to room temperature and add the vodka.
- Pour into a jar or bottle with a tight fitting lid and let stand at least 2 weeks.