- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs , lightly beaten
- 6 slices white bread , torn into 1inch squares
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 inch glass pie dish.
- Whisk together the milk and eggs, then add the bread pieces and turn to coat them evenly. Leave the bread to soak for 15 minutes, turning over once or twice.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining butter over medium heat. Fry the soaked bread in the butter until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the bread to the baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the honey and the hot water and stir until the mixture is evenly blended. Stir in the cinnamon and vanilla. Drizzle the mixture over and around the bread. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.