- 4 1/2 cups packed basil leaves, stems removed
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- Puree basil, parsley, pine nuts, garlic and salt in food processor until combined; with machine running, add olive oil in steady stream and process until it emulsifies.
- Remove into a bowl and fold in cheeses.
- Can be frozen.