- 2 lbs red potatoes, diced large 1 inch
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, snipped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, no fat type
- 1 egg, hard boiled, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Prepare potatoes with skin on, dice 1 inch; place in pot of salted water and boil until tender, about 15 minutes; drain, cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place onions, chives, celery and jalapeño pepper, salt to taste and mix.
- Place cooled potatoes in a large bowl, add onion mix; add mustard and no fat mayonnaise; combine.
- Place in serving bowl, garnish with egg slices and sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
- Refrigerate until serving.