- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease and flour a tube or bundt pan.
- Mix cake mix, pudding, sour cream, oil and eggs with a mixer for about 3 minutes until thick and smooth.
- Pour half the batter in the pan.
- Smooth it out.
- Pour the chocolate syrup evenly over the batter and don't let the chocolate touch the sides of the pan. (You might have to make a slight depression in the cake batter to pour the chocolate into.).
- Pour remaining batter over the syrup and swirl gently with a knife.
- Place on the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake about 50-60 minutes until it is golden brown and springs back when touched.
- Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Then remove from pan and continue to cool right side up.
- When completely cool you may drizzle it with a glaze if you desire.