- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup orange juice, Fresh squeezed
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold and cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional, I don't use it)
- White pepper
- Add the oil in a heated small sauce pan. Add the shallots and sauté for one minute.
- Add the Orange juice and white wine and reduce by ¾.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the butter cubes one at a time while whisking the sauce to evenly incorporate the butter; do not allow the sauce to boil as it will break.
- Add the sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine then strain the sauce through fine mesh strainer.
- Serve hot and Enjoy!