- 1 lb dry fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans hunts fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain and return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium- high heat until hot. Add garlic and red pepper; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until sauce is thickens slightly.
- Toss cooked pasta with tomato mixture and basil in pasta pan.
- Place in serving dish and sprinkle with cheese.