- 3/4 cup vegetable oil (such as canola or safflower)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sultana
- 1/2 cup chopped dried dates
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- In a large saucepan set over medium heat, combine the oil, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir until the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, sunflower seeds, coconut, and nuts.
- Pour the warm oil and honey mixture into the oat mixture and stir well until combined.
- Spray two 12 by 17 inch rimmed baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the mixture evenly between the two pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring several times, until the granola is a deep golden brown.
- Cool completely before adding the dried fruit.
- Store in an airtight container up to 3 weeks. I often halve this recipe as I would rather make it up fresh every two weeks. It truly is delicious.