I use whatever ingredients I had in my fridge. So there are limitations to what I can use in this recipe.
1) vegetarian oyster sauce ( 4 tablespoon to 2 cups of water. ) 2) salt 3) sweet peas (8 pieces) 4) carrots (sliced into rectangle shape) 5) shiitake mushroom or chinese dried mushroom (5 of them and cut into quarters) 6) shimeiji mushoom (white and brown) 7) one block of Toufu 8) cornstarch (2 tablespoon and add in one cup of water or any amount that it takes it make the gravy thick)
How to do it: 1) Cut the block of Toufu by halving the thickness into 2. Then cut the block to 6 or 8 pieces so you will have 12 to 16 pieces in total. And of course you can cut to the desired size you want.
2) Fry the toufu till golden brown and set aside.
3) stir fry the sweet peas, mushrooms and carrots and set aside.
4) prepare the gravy by mixing the vegetarian oyster sauce and water together and bring to boil. Season abit of salt in it and taste. You can adjust the amount of gravy by adding in more water but need to add more oyster sauce to balance the taste out.
5) Add cornstarch into the gravy till thicken and pour into a claypot. Add in all the other ingredients and let it boil for about 3 to 5 min. You may want to put in the sweet peas last in order not to over cook it.
6) Once ready, serve it with rice and some chilli padi if you love chilli alot.