Mushrooms are incredibly versatile, they can be prepared in many ways, pairing with a wide variety of ingredients. After being marinated and cooked, mushrooms can become really tender, meaty, juicy and its UMAMI flavours tend to intensify even more! 🍄🍄🍄
Here are a few things you should know to make mushrooms delicious:🔪🍴
1. Choose high quality and fresh mushrooms. This is the first step and the most important step actually. Bad mushrooms can ruin your whole pot of food, not only the taste but its dangerous to eat spoiled mushrooms! 🤮
2. Keep them fresh! Store them in a paper bag and keep it in the refrigerator. They will last for about 5 days! Of course its always better to finish them as soon as possible while they're fresh.🌱
3. Clean them correctly! DON'T soak your mushrooms!!! Brush the dirt off with a wet kitchen towel or rinse them lightly when you're ready to use them. They are spongy and will absorb water when you wash them, which can affect their flavour and texture.💧
4. Marinate. If you have a favourite meat recipe, try to use...
5. Don't overchop/ overprocess them. Mushrooms don't work exactly like meat because they are....🥩❌
6. Use them as the source of UMAMI to make flavourful broth....🍲