[RECIPE] QUICK Stir fried bean sprouts 🌶🥕🧄
Save this recipe so you won't run out of idea of what to cook for dinner! 🔖🥰
Yield 2 servings
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chilli, dressed and julienned
- 1/2 carrot, cut into matchsticks
500g taugeh or bean sprouts
- 1 stalk spring onion, cut into 1 inch length
- 1/4 tsp pink salt (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese cooking wine
- White pepper to taste
1. Heat up the wok over medium heat and add oil. Add minced garlic and saute until fragrant.
2. Turn to high heat and add chilli and toss quickly to saute for 10 seconds or so. Add carrot and continue to saute for 30 seconds or so until slightly softened.
3. Add taugeh and continue tossing for 1-2 mins. No need to cool for very long because you want to keep them crunchy.
4. Add spring onion and salt, stir to combine.
5. Drizzle soy sauce in and then drizzle cooking wine around the wok and let it evaporate.
6. Turn off the heat and add white pepper to taste. Ready to serve. Enjoy!
The same method is applicable to stir frying other types of veggies. Cooking wine is optional but we believe it brings out more wok hay and flavour of the vegetables.
The key to good stir fried vegetables is wok hay (breath of wok) just like fried rice. Here's the few important things to get wok hay in your stir fried recipes:
🔥Gas stove (induction cooker no fire so no wok hay)
🔥Chinese cooking wine
But don't worry, if you're not a faithful believer of wok hay, feel free to use induction cooker and non-stick pan, this recipe will work too!