Happy Valentine's Day ❤
Want a last minute valentine's day treat recipe? Here you go: 3 ingredients butter cookies with a egg-free icing.
- 115g vegan butter (I used Nutellex)
- 50g icing sugar
- 165g all-purpose flour
1. With a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip the butter until it's creamy and the colour is paler.
2. Add icing sugar and continue to whip over high speed until fluffy. Scrap the mixing bowl from time to time to make sure everything is well-combined.
3. Fold in the flour and mix to combine evenly. Using a spatula, press everything together into a dough.
4. Wrap the dough a piece of cling wrap and freeze it for at least 1 hour to firm up.
5. Unwrap the dough, and place it on a non-stick surface (lay a piece of baking sheet or silicon mat on your working surface). Cover the dough with a baking sheet and roll to flatten it out with a rolling pin until approx 5mm thick.
6. Cut out your desired shape with cookie cutter then place the cut cookie dough on a lined baking tray. Gather the trimmings into a dough and flatten it to make more cookies until you used up everything.
7. Bake the cookies in a preheated oven for 15 minutes over 180c.
8. Remove them from the oven and let cool down completely.
- 2 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 3 tbsp chickpeas water (from a can)
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar (or lemon juice)
- colouring: I used @organicule beetroot powder for pink and spirulina powder for Tiffany's blue.
1. In your mixing bowl, add chickpeas water and cream of tartar. Whip them until frothy.
2. Add icing sugar and whip until well-combine, fluffy and white. Scrap the bowl from time to time to make sure everything is well-combined.
3. Divide the icing into 3 portions. To make coloured icing: In a small bowl, combine a few pinches of coloring powder of choice with 1/8 tsp water until dissolved. Add icing and stir with a spatula to combine.
4. Transfer each colour of the icing into a piping bag and cut a very small opening to pipe your desired design on the cookies.
Enjoy decorating the cookies with your love ones! You may pack each cookies in a plastic bag, tie up with a ribbon and send to your loved ones! 🥰 @ Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia