Team Pesto 🌿 or Team Tomato🍅 ?
This Nut-Free pesto recipe that I made wifh @organicule pympkin seeds is on my IGTV. I have also written it down in Support Gan living folder along with another 30+ recipes. Click link in bio if you would like to support me and get more free recipes!
Here's the tomato sauce recipe
- 1 can peeled whole plum tomato
- 4 tomatoes, slit x on the bottom
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 white onion, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup or more
- 1 tbsp @organicule Baobab powder (optional)
- Olive oil for sauteing
1. Boil a pot of water. Add tomato and let boiled for 3 minutes till the skin starts to leave the tomatoes. Drain and let cool.
2. Peel the skin and discard the seeds.
3. Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add onion and saute until translucent.
4. Add garlic and saute until browned.
5. Add tomato and canned tomato (leave the puree in the can) into the pan. Stir and mash the tomatoes in between until mushy.
6. Add tomato puree from the can, fresh basil, salt, pepper, chili flakes and sugar. Stir to combine.
7. Add water. Cover and let it simmer for at least 5 minutes or until the sauce turns thick.
8. Finally, turn off the heat and add baobab powder. Mix well and pizza sauce is ready!
Spread it on your homemade pizza! I love adding @organicule baobab powder for more vitamins and minerals. Believe it or not, it actually tastes very tomato-ish and umami, somewhat reminds me of sardines in tomato sauce! That's why it also add more flavours to your sauce!