[Recipe] Hakka Hot and Sour Mustard Soup (酸辣芥菜 Chai Buey) 🍲
Looking for a meat-free soup recipe that makes you warm? Try this ONE-POT fuss-free recipe! 🔪
Also, let me know what recipe you would like to see next 💕
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 4-5 slices ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, bruised
- 10-12 pieces dried chili
- 10 pieces dried asam (15g)
- 1 piece five-spices tofu (150g), cubed
- 5-6 tofu puffs, halved
- 2 L water, more if needed
- 3 mustard greens, separate leaf and stem
- 2 tomatoes, wedged
- 1/2 carrot, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tsp mushroom seasoning powder
- salt to taste
1. In a deep pan, saute ginger, garlic, asam and dried chili with oil until aromatic.
2. Add tofu and tofu puffs. Saute until fragrant.
3. Add water, mustard greens stem, tomato and carrot. Bring it to boiling for 10 minutes with lid on.
4. Add mustard greens leaf and all the seasoning except mushroom seasoning powder and salt. Stir well.
5. Lower the heat to simmering and let cook for 2 hours. Stir occasionally and add water if needed.
6. Taste and season with salt and mushroom seasoning powder.
7. Turn off the heat and enjoy immediately!