[Recipe] 手撕包菜 Hand-Ripped Cabbage/Chinese Stir-Fry Cabbage
Crunchy and slightly caramelized cabbage, stir fried with chilies in a tangy savoury sauce. It is simple to make yet so delicious! Give this recipe a try 😋
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g cabbage (hand-shredded into bite-sized pieces, washed and drained well)
- 2-3 dried chilies (cut roughly with scissors and deseed)
- 2 bird's eye chili (chopped) optional
- 4 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1 tsp Szechuan peppercorns, optional
Sauce (mix in a bowl)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Shao Xing/Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tsp black vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sugar
1. Preheat the oil in a wok. Add garlic, Szechuan peppercorns. Saute over low heat until aromatic.
2. Add dried chilies and saute quickly for 10sec or so until fragrant. Becareful not to burn the chili and garlic.
3. Turn the heat to high and add cabbage. Stir-fry quickly until the cabbage is lightly wilted.
4. Add bird's eye chili and the sauce. Mix evenly.
5. Turn off the heat and serve immediately with rice.